Monday, May 15, 2006

Goddess Is The New God ;)

I don't know about you, but if I could go back to anytime, one of the eras I'd go back to would probably be the Roman times. The women had such style. So it's no surprise that the ancient style is b-a-c-k.


WARNING-not cheap

This Sass&Bide dress doesn't keep to the expected colours for summer and what the ancient Greek women would wear, but teamed with a light-coloured clutch, shoes or accessories, and maybe even a glowing tan, this would look, in the words of Gwen, super-duper! The ruffles are very pretty and the silver beads add pretty detail. But I warned you-it's £211.25, on sale at net-a-porter.


Thongs/sandals whatever you call them, they are very cool. I love this pair from Dorothy Perkins, they'll complete your whole 'Greek' outfit, and would also look great with denim shorts or a mini-skirt. They're available in brown or silver, but I love this brown pair. £18!

Okay, so I realise that maybe putting that expensive dress here was a bit unfair. With my allowance, it would take me about four months to get that, and by that time, everyone will be wearing wool again. So, I am now searching for another...reasonably priced this time-pinky swear! ;)

.......Results! I've found some great printed dresses and a plain white cotton dress to keep with the light, airy feel.

Here they are-


the dress in the example pic at the top of this post is from H&M and is only £9.99! The red is a more unusual touch to the look. Here's another one from H&M (God, i love them) which is £10 more expensive, but I especially love the red/orange detail round the chest. £19.99.

And finally, if you're going for the more classic Greek look, then get this (or one like it) white cotton dress from New Look for £22!

WARNING-not cheap
I know I said I wouldn't, but I was on net-a-porter, and by chance, I found these AMAZING earrings, they would completely, totally, absolutely (can i think of anymore?) finish your Goddess outfit. They are so unique, i just wish they were £5 in a nearby chain store! But no, they're £60. But so, so, so worth it. Only negative is, if you lose them, the only person you should be afraid of is yourself! Juicy Couture.


Cacharel dress.


Sorry for picture probs-I'll get onto it as soon as poss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counters http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/xskylax/Bar-du-Soleil-1961-Print-C10055033.jpg