Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Kate Spade Knows Style


Who the hell is Kate Spade? Do you know who she is?
I know she sounds familiar, but I had no real idea who she was until I raided the fashion section of my town library. I noticed a book called 'Style'. The cover was a simplistic statement that made me want to borrow it, and now here it is, at my home.

Style is filled with, I hate to sound predictable, but style! It's full of Kate's favourites-stylish films, books, costume designers, architecture. It has a whole directory on every colour and how it works with a style. It's written in an unusual, cosy, cute way. There's the wardrobe ABC, how to organise your closet, how to wear clothes at any place-the beach, at the office, partying, seasonal style. It's not necessarily fillled with stuff I'd jump up to wear, but it's a great way of teaching yourself 'good posture' and 'to create your own style', and learn about Kate's style.

Filled with quotes,such as-'Author Jacqueline Susann typed Valley Of The Dolls on a hot-pink IBM Selectric typewriter', and before you try, don't-I've looked on eBay. Kate talks of family items that hold memories for her, Style by Kate Spade, available at Amazon, is definitely recommended by me, and I haven't even read all of it yet! Here's a website for you if you want to know more about Kate, and how her label, Kate Spade began.



I've just found out she's also written 'Manners' and there's a Kate Spade Barbie!

2 Comments:

Blogger FashionWhore said...

I'll so get that book!

Wed Aug 23, 02:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need that book for my bookshelf!
It looks so chic! I love it

Fri Sep 01, 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counters http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/xskylax/Bar-du-Soleil-1961-Print-C10055033.jpg